Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation
Statement of Commitment, Policy, and Plan
This policy and plan formalizes Transervice’s commitment creating an accessible company by removing barriers and improving opportunities for people with disabilities through compliance with the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (the “Integrated Standard”).
Statement of Commitment
Transervice is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will continue to do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting the accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
Policy and Plan
Transervice provides training on the requirements of the Integrated Standard and on the Ontario Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Transervice has taken the following steps to ensure that training is provided to all of our employees and contractors and those persons who develop our policies and provide goods, services or facilities on our behalf:
- Developed and consolidated training materials that address the requirements of the Integrated Standard, including information about achieving accessibility by 2021 and on the disability-related
regulations obligations under the Human Rights Code;
- Reviewed the duties of those individuals that required training, and tailored the training to be appropriate for such duties;
- Delivered the training via a method that was appropriate for the audience and the needs of Transervice;
- Keeping a record detailing those employees that are trained and when; and
- Ensuring that new employees are trained as soon as possible after being hired and whenever Transervice’s accessibility policies change.
At this time, Transervice does not utilize kiosks. However, should the use of kiosks become a part of our business in the future, we will ensure that our employees consider the needs of people with disabilities when designing, procuring or acquiring self-service kiosks.
Information and Communication
Transervice is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities.
Transervice has ensured that our existing processes for receiving and responding to feedback are accessible to people with disabilities, upon request by:
- Providing multiple methods for feedback, such as in writing or via email, telephone or in person; and
- Considering and implementing those accessible formats or communication supports required elsewhere in the Integrated Standard.
Transervice ensures that, upon request, we will provide or arrange for the provision of publicly available information that is in respect of our goods, services or facilities in an accessible format by:
- Consulting with the person making the request to determine the most appropriate accessible format or communication support, given the needs of the person, whether the content is convertible and within Transervice’s capability;
- Providing the accessible format or communication support in a timely manner and at no additional cost; and
- Notifying the public about the availability of accessible formats and communication supports.
As of 2017, Transervice has enacted a process to provide its customers and clients with publicly available emergency procedures, plans or public safety information in an accessible way, as soon as
practicable upon request.
Transervice is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities and meeting the requirements of WCAG 2.0, Level A.
Transervice will ensure that all websites and content conform with WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2021, by:
- Liaising with our Information Technology department to determine whether the website is compliant; and
- Determining whether the Information Technology department can upgrade the website and content internally, or if third-party assistance is required.
Transervice is committed to fair and accessible employment practices by:
- Notifying the public and our staff that we will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment process, either through our website, via a recruiter or the applicable job posting, as applicable;
- Notifying job applicants, when they are individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, that accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be utilized;
- Consulting with job applicants who request accommodation to support them through the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process and take into account their needs, so that the accommodations provided are effective; and
- Notifying the successful applicant of Transervice’s policies for accommodating our employees with disabilities.
Transervice has informed our employees of the policies used to support employees with disabilities, including, but not limited to, policies on the provision of job accommodations that take into account an employee’s accessibility needs due to disability, by:
- Consulting with our employees with disabilities to determine those accessible formats or communication supports that may be of assistance, and how such accommodation may be provided; and
- Providing the information as soon as possible after commencement of employment, and updates whenever there is a change to the policies.
Transervice will provide individualized workplace emergency response information to our employees with disabilities, if the disability is such that the individualized information is necessary and
Transervice is aware of the need for accommodation.
Transervice will develop and put in place an accommodation plan for those employees that have been absent from work due to a disability. This process shall be implemented by:
- Considering how employees with disabilities will participate in the development of their accommodation plan and what the plans may include;
- Establishing where the plans will be stored and what steps will be taken to protect the privacy of employee information; and
- Determining when and how the individual accommodation plans will be reviewed and updated.
Transervice has put in place a documented return to work process for those employees that have been absent from work due to a disability and require disability-related accommodation in order to return to work. This process shall outline the steps that Transervice will take to facilitate the return to work of the applicable employees and the use of individual documented accommodation plans.
Transervice ensures that it takes into account the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities (as well as their individual accommodation plans) when implementing its performance management process. This is achieved by:
- Reviewing an individual’s accommodation plan to understand their needs and determine whether it should be adjusted to improve job performance;
- Providing performance-management related documents in accessible formats; and
- Providing informal and formal coaching and feedback in a manner that takes in account an employee’s disability.
Transervice has taken into account the accessibility needs of its employees with disabilities (as well as their individual accommodation plans) when providing career development, advancement, or redeployment. This may occur through the consideration of what accommodations employees with disabilities may need to succeed elsewhere within our organization, to take on new responsibilities in a current role, or when redeployment has become necessary.
Design of Public Spaces
At the present time, Transervice does not have any public spaces. Transervice operates on Bell Canada’s property; however, should there be a need Transervice will include the requirements by law.
Transervice will consider accessibility in all aspects of its business and operations and will endeavor to identify and remove accessibility barriers going forward. For More Information on our accessibility policy and plan or to obtain accessible formats of this document, which are complementary, please contact Human Resources at AODAenquiries@transervice.com.