This collection of tutorials shows you how to develop web content that is accessible to people with disabilities, and that provides a better user experience for everyone.
The tutorials are designed to be used by a variety of individuals, including:
- Web developers will find guidance and boilerplate solutions for many common coding challenges.
- Web designers will learn how to create web page components with a built-in inclusive design.
- Web trainers will find examples to teach people about accessible web design and development.
- Content authors will learn concepts and techniques for preparing their content in an accessible way.
- Project managers will gain an understanding of ways to integrate accessibility into their projects.
The tutorials cover various accessibility topics, based on common tasks in web projects. For example, they show you how to provide accessible images and tables using a variety of web technologies, including HTML4, HTML5, CSS3, WAI-ARIA, MathML, and SVG. The concepts and techniques explained in the tutorials apply to other formats as well.
Web authoring tools (Content Management Systems (CMS), WYSIWYG editors, word processors, etc.) can often help you create content that is accessible as shown in these tutorials.
Relationship to WCAG
These tutorials provide best-practice guidance on implementing accessibility in different situations. They [...]