The WPCampus Gutenberg Accessibility Audit
In late 2018, WPCampus released a request for proposals to conduct an accessibility audit of the WordPress Gutenberg editor. Our vendor was selected and our final fundraising goal was set at $31,200.
On April 29, 2019, Tenon LLC provided the final audit report to WPCampus. As of May 1, 2019, all documents provided by Tenon are now available.
This audit is intended to help higher education institutions, and the whole WordPress community, make informed decisions about when and how to upgrade to the new editor.
Read the audit report
We recommend you read the audit report as part of an overall write up.
Access the audit report
A free, public webinar took place Monday, May 13, 2019 at 12:00 PM CDT to discuss the results.
Access the webinar recording and transcript
- October 24, 2018: Announced RFP for audit
- November 27, 2018: Began fundraising for audit
- December 5, 2018: Audit was fully funded
- December 6, 2018: WordPress 5.0 (including Gutenberg) was released
- December 2018: Tenon selected as vendor
- Early January 2019: Project kickoff
- Thursday, January 31, 2019: Progress update at WPCampus Online
- Thursday, February 28, 2019: Last day to donate to the audit
- Monday, April 29, 2019: Full audit results provided to WPCampus
- Wednesday, May 1, 2019: Audit report released
- Monday, May 13, [...]