September 26, 2016
How to use iOS 10’s hidden ‘Magnifier’ magnifying glass feature for iPhone
– Sep. 26th 2016 12:00 pm PT
There is a little known feature included in iOS 10 called Magnifier. It essentially turns your iPhone’s camera into a magnifying glass of sorts with a custom UI specifically for easier reading.
It’s hidden in Accessibility settings, as the feature was designed for users with vision impairment. Here’s how you can enable it.
1. Enable Magnifier in Settings
- Open the Settings app
- Tap ‘General’, then the ‘Accessibility’ tab
- Tap ‘Magnifier’ and tap the toggle to enable it
- Optionally tap the toggle for Auto-Brightness to enable automatic brightness and contrast adjustments based on ambient light while using Magnifier
2. Triple-click home button to activate Magnifier
Once enabled, you can now open the Magnifier from anywhere with a quick triple-click of the home button, including from the lock screen.
3. Snap a freeze frame, zoom-in, lock focus and turn on the flash
The Magnifier UI is a customized camera UI that lets you snap a freeze frame with the circular button in the middle.
You can zoom-in easily using the onscreen slider [...]