Creating Accessible Word Documents
Welcome to Creating Accessible Word Documents. Microassist’s goal with this course is to enable content creators to reach the broadest possible audience by helping authors create content that is accessible, perceivable, and usable by all those who access the information, regardless of level of ability or impairment.
Register for Class
This course is designed for content creators using Microsoft Word to create accessible Microsoft Word documents that meet WCAG 2.0 Level AA success criteria.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
Learning Outcomes / Objectives
After completing this class, you will be able to:
- Define what it means to make a document accessible.
- Create Microsoft Word documents that can be used by those with disabilities.
- Identify what accessibility is.
- Four categories of disability
- Not all disabilities are permanent
- Not all disabilities are visible
- Name the major accessibility standards.
- WCAG 2.0
- Section 508
- State and Local Laws
- Choose the standard that is right for you
- Describe principles related to accessibility.
- Identify remediation resources.
- Screen reader
- Color contrast checker
- Microsoft accessibility checker
- Recognize the Microsoft Word Interface
- Using Existing Tools
- Set a Logical Structure
- Document Properties
- Headers & Footers
- Make Content Perceivable
- Color Contrast
- Format Graphical Information
- Lines for Formatting
- Complex Visual Content
- Test [...]