Accessible Platform Architectures (APA) Working Group
The mission of the Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group (APA WG) is to ensure W3C specifications provide support for accessibility to people with disabilities. The group advances this mission through review of W3C specifications, development of technical support materials, collaboration with other Working Groups, and coordination of harmonized accessibility strategies within W3C.
No announcements at the moment.
The APA WG is engaged on the following work:
- Publications: The Working Group maintains a comprehensive list of publications and status, which include:
- Several Accessibility User Requirements guides for specific technologies;
- Framework for Accessible Specification of Technologies plus FAST checklist,
- Inaccessibility of CAPTCHA,
- Pronunciation technology to provide for proper pronunciation in HTML content when using text to speech (TTS) synthesis,
- Personalization technology to enable design of sites in a way that they can be personalized to the needs of each user allows more optimal accessibility.
- Specification reviews: input is solicited on the WAI Interest Group mailing list, tracked in the APA specification review wiki pagesand comments are copied to the public-apa mailing list.
- Community groups: the Working Group maintains a list of community groups to track.
The APA Project Plan details intended timeline and milestones for this work.
The APA Working Group performs accessibility horizontal review of other [...]